Introducing the revolutionary re-invention of the full-day Jewish high school…
The Pre-Collegiate Learning Center:
An Innovative, Customized,
High-Quality, Jewish Education
for $5,000 per year.
Love of Torah
• The PCLC is a community dedicated to Jewish learning and inspired by the love of Torah.
• It is a place where the Torah’s emphasis on gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), kavod habriyot (honor for living beings), and midot penimiot (moral virtues) provide the foundation for Jewish learning and for the development of Jewish identity.
• It is a warm and supportive community, a camp-like atmosphere where friendships begin and flourish.
• A carefully designed four-year sequence of study which enables students to acquire the skills they need to pursue lifelong Jewish learning.
Success Through Individualized Learning
Every PCLC student has:
• An individual team of coaches and mentors.
• His/her own distinctive academic and non-academic game plan based on his/her own individual interests and goals.
• Maximum opportunities to customize his/her learning. Unprecedented flexibility in course selection.
• The possibility of self-paced learning in many subjects (both Jewish studies and secular studies).
• A yearly two-week mini-mester in which students are actively mentored as they undertake individualized learning projects
• Great learning and teaching activated by technology
• Small, high-participation, seminar-style humanities classes
• Exceptional teachers
• Conversational immersion
• Individual tutoring
• Strategic use of mixed-grade classes
• Self-paced instruction
$5,000 per Year
• The cost of day school education has become unbearable for families.
• A $5,000 tuition solves this problem while re-igniting demand for Jewish education among families either struggling with or currently shut out by prohibitive tuition costs.
• The cost of underwriting day school education has become unsustainable for communities.
• A $5,000 tuition solves this problem as well, allowing Jewish communities to focus more on other pressing communal needs.
A Replicable, Open-Source Venture
• The Pre-Collegiate Learning Center is replicable and customizable, empowering every Jewish community in the United States to radically reduce the cost of the most expensive component of Jewish K-12 education.
• The startup costs to create a Learning Center are low, and many Jewish communities and Jewish social/educational entrepreneurs in the United States will choose to create their own versions.
• The Learning Center’s modular character makes it flexible, meaning Jewish communities and entrepreneurs will enjoy considerable latitude to customize their offerings in diverse ways for diverse audiences.
• Finally, as the first Jewish Pre-Collegiate Learning Center, we are committed to assisting other parties interested in starting their own Learning Centers. This is an “open source” venture.
The State of Israel
The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history. Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.